We have combined our flagship Cyclo-cross Scandium alloy frame with a full carbon monocoque from leading fork manufacturer Columbus. The new Kinesis CX Race is fitted with the all new Columbus Futura Cross fork. The Futura Cross has everything we wanted in a fork for the CX Race – masses of tyre clearance, internal routing, adjustable offset, all wrapped up in a lightweight package.
As well as internally routed brake hose routing, the Kinesis CX Race now has internal routing for the gear cable or Di2 routing, giving cleaner look throughout the frame
We have fitted two bottle cage mounts, one on the downtube and one underneath the down tube. This will make this cyclocross frame more versatile for use on gravel events or longer CX rides. For race day we suggest using a cage-less bottle system, such as Fidlock, for your warmup laps.
As with our latest Tripster AT, RTD, 4S and GTD, we have partnered with GW engineering and we are supplying the CX Race with their patented ‘Switch Lever’ lightweight hollow thru axles with a removable lever.
The CX Race uses adaptable cable ports which allow you to build your frame with exactly the right cable routing for whether you are running Wireless, Di2 or mechanical 1x gearing.
The new CX Race has our Kinesis Rider Fit Geometry, meaning all sizes from the smallest to the largest will handle in the same way. Geometry throughout the sizes has been based around stack and reach ensuring that there is a frame that fits everyone. The 3 smallest sizes now have semi-sloping top tubes
• 48cm (C-T 45.5cm), 50cm (C-T 48cm) and 52cm (C-T 51cm)
This brings the smaller sizes comfort in-line with the larger models i.e. more seat post extension adds comfort in the saddle. It also increases stand over clearance i.e. shorter legs struggle with squarer/traditional frames. The small slope (with a standard reach) along with a shorter stem has also helped us deal with occasional toe overlap issue a small minority of people had experienced.
• Super Plastic Formed Scandium alloy
• Columbus Futura carbon monocoque fork
• Internal routing for brakes and gears
• 142x12mm Thru Axle rear spacing
• 100x12mm Thru Axle front fork
• GW ‘Switch Lever’ axles front and rear
• Clearance for up to 38c tyres
• Electronic / Wireless / mechanical 1x compatible
• Two bottle cage mounts
• 68mm threaded BB
• 31.6mm seat post required
• Kinesis designed tapered headset with ACB bearings
• Colour: Oxford Green
• Sizes: 48* / 50* / 52* / 54 / 56 / 58 / 60 *Semi-Sloping
• Warranty: 5 years
• Frame supplied with fork, headset, seat clamp, front & rear through axle, Switch lever, frame ports and cable guides.